- 2 to 2 1/2 pounds Bone In Pork Shoulder Butt Steaks, cut 3/4 inch thick
- 1 medium sweet onion, sliced 1/8 inch thick and separated into rings
- 3 cups V8® Spicy Hot Vegetable Juice
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice
- 5 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 1/4 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 teaspoon bottled hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco®
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse-ground black pepper
- Place pork steaks and onion slices in separate large, resealable plastic bags. For marinade, combine vegetable and orange juices, horseradish, celery salt, pepper sauce, and black pepper. Set aside and refrigerate 2/3 cup marinade. Pour 1 cup over onion slices and remaining marinade over pork; close bags. Turn bags to evenly coat pork and onions with marinade. Refrigerate for 8 to 12 hours, turning bags occasionally.
- Preheat gas grill to medium for direct grilling. Cut an 18 inch piece of heavy foil. Remove onions from marinade and place in center of foil. Bring up opposite edges of foil and seal with a double foil. Fold remaining edges together to completely enclose onions.
- Remove pork from marinade; discard marinade in both bags. Place steaks and onion packet on grill grate. Grill, uncovered, for 14 to 16 minutes or until instant-read thermometer inserted near centers of steaks reads 160° F. and onions are tender, turning steaks over halfway during grilling and brushing often with reserved marinade (Carefully open packet to check doneness of onions.)
- Transfer steaks to cutting board. Loosely cover with foil; let rest for 3 minutes. Brush with remaining marinade and thinly slice across the grain. Serve with onions.
Recipe Nutrition Overview
- Per Serving
- Calories 293
- Total fat 17g
- Saturated fat 6g
- Cholesterol 84mg
- Sodium 281mg
- Carbohydrate 9g
- Fiber 1g
- Protein 25g